Track Your Refund
WHERE’S MY REFUND?
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CHECKING THE STATUS OF YOUR REFUND
Are you expecting a tax refund from the Internal Revenue Service this year? If so, here are few things you should know about checking the status of your refund once you have filed your federal tax return.
- Online Access to Refund Information: Where's My Refund? is an interactive tools on gov and the fastest, easiest way to get information about your federal income tax refund. Whether you opted for direct deposit into your account, or asked the IRS to mail you a check, Where’s My Refund? gives you online access to your refund information nearly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's quick, easy and secure.
- When to Check Refund Status: If you e-file, you can get refund information 72 hours after the IRS acknowledges receipt of your return. If you file a paper return, refund information will generally be available three to four weeks after mailing your return.
- What You Need to Check Refund Status: When checking the status of your refund, have your federal tax return handy, and follow the link:
- Toll-free Number If you do not have internet access, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954 or the IRS TeleTax System at 800-829-4477. When calling, you must provide your or your spouse's Social Security number, filing status and the exact whole dollar refund amount shown on your return.
***Refund checks are normally sent out weekly on Fridays. If you check the status of your refund and are not given the date it will be issued, please wait until the next week before checking back. ***
- MA Department of Revenue: 1-617-887-MDOR
- Visit online and register if first time user. Once you are registered you can track the status online.
- CT Department of Revenue Services: 1-860-297-5962
- Visit https://drsindtax.ct.gov/AUT/welcomeindividual.aspx
- ME Income Tax Division: 1-207-626-8475
- Visit https://portal.maine.gov/refundstatus/Registration.do
RI Division of Taxation: (401) 574-8829, option #3
- VT Department of Taxes Filing and Refund Status: 1-866-828-2865
- Visit https://secure.vermont.gov/TAX/refund/
Other States: Please call our office at 781-316-1704 for assistance.